Finance Manager (Accountancy Practice)
Rare opportunity for a part-qualified / QBE finance manager to join our client, a long established progressive accountancy practice in The City.
As finance manager, you will be responsible for looking after all aspects of the firm’s internal accounting and administration. There will be a good handover. Responsibilities will include:
- Looking after the LLP and 2 limited companies
- Bookkeeping and day-day processing VAT returns
- Overseeing the administrative assistant
- Monthly management accounts preparation
- Controlling WIP
- Managing, running and reconciling the firm’s Client Bank Accounts (over 100) in accordance with ICAEW guideline (similar to Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Managing, running and assisting asrequired payroll, pension and HR matters
Experience and knowledge required for this finance manager role
Software: CCH for book-keeping and IRIS for payroll.
- Good knowledge ofExcel required.
- Personal attributes required: trustworthy, good communication skills with both staff and Partners, happy to deal with matters that are strictly confidential to thePartners.
- Capable of producing accounts to (as a minimum) trial balance and monthly management information.
- Knowledge of LLP accounts would be a distinct advantage, as would knowledge ofWIP.
- The candidate might well be AAT qualified - but certainly qualified by experience. This position might also suit someone from a legal (accounts) background.
About the firm
- The firm has been established over 100 years, servicing a broad range of corporate and personal clients. With offices in the City, a staff of over 30, and 6 Partners they offer a highly personal service to both UK and overseas clients.
- Office hours are 09.00 to 17.15 and the annual holiday allowance is 23 days, with 3 days being taken between Christmas and New Year when the office closes. A season ticket loan is available after completion of probation.
- The present Finance Manger will retire in 2018 (after 50 years’ service) allowing a significant hand over period.
To apply for this finance manager role
Send brief covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.