Personal Banker (Manchester)
Our client is an International Public Sector banking and financial services company. They are looking for a Personal Banker to join their growing team in their High Street Branch in Manchester.
To assist the branch in meeting its sales objectives by delivering 1st class customer care to existing clients and by the acquisition, and retention of new clients by developing and strengthening new clients’ relationships.
Based in Manchester, you will be required to travel occasionally to other branches in Wolverhampton and Leicester.
- Identifies and pursues sales opportunities through client referrals, SBI internal networks, corporate relationships, and personal network.
- Delivers superior customer service
- Establishes and maintains the highest level of customer care and delivery standards ensuring customer queries
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to cross sell products and services to existing clients, through regular telephone &/or face to face contact and on-going relationship building.
- To support the branch’s business development initiatives by promoting and attending business development and sales events.
- Responsible for operating cash and attending to customers and maintenance of the cash register, ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the bank.
- Responsible for processing of Remittances.
- Responsible for the maintenance of AML format for Cash of more than £9000 on a daily basis.
- Responsible for despatching cheques for remittances.
- Undertakes any other responsibility as delegated by the Area Branch Manager or so designated senior officer
- Excellent Networking skills.
- Excellent Sales Skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Retail Sales experience.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport; be friendly and personable and looks for ways to benefit the customer’s financial relationship.
- Excellent customer contact skills; comfortable asking questions/interviewing customers about their financial situation; strong listening skills.
- Understands how to present features, and benefits of products and services to customers with differing needs.
- Works closely with all the stakeholders in the branch and be an active member of the branch jigsaw.
- Will be involved in the external activities such as customer visits, business events,and corporate visits.
- Reporting directly to Area Branch Manager but will work closely with BDM & Head of Sales.
- Identifies and develops opportunities; innovates and make things happen.
- Self-driven and self-reliant - set aims and targets, and leads by example.
- Results oriented.
- Self-assured and confident.
- Prior experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
If you feel you are suitable for the role, hit 'Apply'