2 roles - One for a Project based Design Lead, one for an Office based Pre Construction tender Design Lead
Top 10 International Contractor with healthy portfolio of build projects across the Midlands. Schemes range from £15m - £120m, and incorporate Mixed Use Commercial, High Rise Residential, Mega Industrial and Leisure. The company operate within the top quartile of the pay grading arena in the area, and offer an attractive ancillary package as well as a clear and demonstrable career progression programme.
Purpose of Role
To fully understand and manage the design requirements of the tender/project and to provide assistance
and guidance to design co-ordinators where and when appropriate.
* Have input into the selection of the design team.
* Agree the design team's responsibilities and scope of services
* Agree tender and construction programme with the design team
* Hold and minute regular design meetings and involve critical sub-contractors as necessary
* Advise on the selection of specialist sub-contractors
* Consider alternative building methods, sub-contractor and materials
* Consider and resolve all statutory requirements
* Review and co-ordinate package interfaces
* Assist in the production of the Contractors Proposals
* Attend selection interview when required.
* Produce and maintain a Risk & Opportunity Schedule
* Produce and maintain tender Query Schedule
* Input into the Employers Requirement/Contractor Proposal Compatibility
* Manage and assist the Design Co-ordinator during the construction.
* Act as mentor/advisor to Design Co-ordinator during the construction phase
* All Co-ordinator duties when required.
* Ensure the design recognises all aspects of health & safety, environmental and quality
* Input into the selection of design sub - contractors.
* Chair and minute Design meetings and ensure production of information in line with the
* Liaise with the site team to ensure buildable and robust details with the agreement of the
* Work with the site team (incl. QS) to consider alternatives.
* Regularly inspect site to ensure design is being adhered to.
* Manage the design team and design sub-contractor.
* Attend production meetings and input to all design issues.
* Report on the design in line with cost meetings.
* Liaise with the M&E Co-ordination to ensure compatibility of building and services.
* Mange design consultants
and sub consultants along
with design subcontractors to
ensure correct and timely
delivery of all design related
information for the execution
of the works on site.
* Manage design co-ordinators
and act as mentor to them for
the projects they are involved
Experience and Skills
Understand the different Client
* Experience of working at pre-construction
* Understanding of D&B contracts
* Commercial awareness
* Experience of site/contract procedures
would be an advantage.
* Ability to organise, plan, programme and
* Good working knowledge of Building
Regulations and Planning Permission
* Time management
* Be able to use Microsoft Word / Excel /
* Be able to use View Point for Projects
* Be able to lead and manage a design
team and design subcontractors
These are live roles based across the Midlands that are interviewing with immediate effect. Please send all interested applications to Andy Booth on
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.