Support Community Moderator
Online Community Moderator
The Community Forum & Social Media Moderator will manage the Online Community Moderation Strategy, implementing, monitoring and moderating customer-generated content. This role coordinates with the Technical Marketing, Solutions Architect & Technical Support teams to support its mission, ensuring a safe and legal community environment, promoting excellent customer service and helping to cultivate a strong community around the brand.
- Develop, implement and maintain the online community moderation guidelines and policies, to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to our community with the help of various tools
- Produce reports covering effective benchmarks to measure, analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of the customer forums to Senior Management. Making recommendations for changes to Guidelines as needed.
- Monitor industry and company information and news to anticipate potential issues and provide available answers to respective teams and forums.
- Provide Gap Analysis with Knowledge Base on questions asked by Community & Social Media not currently answered in Knowledgebase
- Review all user-generated content within forums, comments, images, videos and audio. Taking the lead to reply, forward to relevant teams to facilitate a response, escalate any serious concerns to senior management, and following up to make sure any required actions take place as required, ensuring material is available to update our Web content as required.
- Develop a policy to manage inappropriate content and abusive users. Deciding whether to remove or reinstate content, tracking the users, remove/ban users as necessary.
- Manage the Community accounts, processing emails and complaints, escalating when necessary.
- Monitor communities located in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar social media outposts, adapting methodology where appropriate, taking the lead on actions needed for comments being made.
- Help to promote brands image and increase loyalty with our customers. Understanding and promoting our brands to our customers ensuring our standards are consistently met, with a good understanding of our competitors.
- Keep up to date of latest trends within the public domain and propose direction to incorporate those trends
- Graduate in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, digital/social media or similar degree
- Over 3 years of experience in Digital Marketing Industry, with experience in managing social media communities or forums, preferably for a high-tech company/organization/brand/product
- Interest or experience in high-tech, business-to-business enterprise marketing, and background in engineering, web development, or programming an advantage
- Strong organisational, time management and multitasking skills, with a very proactive approach to prioritising, using initiative and making important things happen.
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.).
- HTML & CSS knowledge with Video and Audio editing capability
- Knowledge of the IT Infrastructure industry and their use of Forums and Social Media to provide help to the user community.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Excellent customer service and communication and interpersonal skills both orally and written.
- Naturally curious, critical thinker with entrepreneurial spirit
- Very composed under pressure
- Team player, detail focused and reliable and energetic.
- Excellent working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and other social media.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and report statistics to Senior Management
- Ability to write creative, concise, memorable copy while applying SEO best practices