Join an exceptional firm of solicitors who can boast over 30 years' experience as well as full Lexcel Accreditation and the Investors in People Award. The successful Paralegal can look forward to an amazing work environment and genuine progression opportunities.
The company are extremely well respected in the Debt Recovery market which has resulted in a lot of highly prestigious clients coming to the firm to ask for their help. The successful Paralegal can look forward joining a company that has a wealth of experience, training that is second to none and genuine long-term career opportunities including a potential training contract. The company have a workforce of almost 200 people which has grown from around 31 people in 4 years.
Paralegals will be responsible for;
- Managing a caseload of defended actions in respect of consumer credit debt
- Drafting and reviewing Witness statements
- Managing court applications
- Review incoming defence/application notices using your own judgement to decide the best actions to take
- Responsible for making recommendations to the client on whether cases are likely to be successful or not as well as entering into settlement negotiations where appropriate.
Paralegals will need;
- Qualification in Law e.g CILEX / Law Degree / LPC or equivalent
- Experience working in a defended actions team (preferably in Debt or Finance)
- A determined and focused attitude
- Experience working as a Paralegal or Legal Assistant
- A desire for a long-term career
- Good working knowledge of CPR rules in relation to Debt Recovery
Hours: Mon to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Benefits: 25 days holiday, Free BUPA Healthcare, Pension