Level 1 Technician (French and English Speaking)
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Level 1 Technician to join our team based in Salford Quays - Manchester.
We believe in equal opportunity and employ people solely on the basis of their skills and abilities.
The appointed individual will provide outstanding customer service to the testing centre channel via telephone, e-mail and remote tools to ensure that that testing centres receive the appropriate technical service required to achieve the best results. This person will be part of a multilingual team predominantly dealing with French clients, therefore this individual must be fluent in both French and English.
Role: Level 1 Technician (French and English Speaking)
Location: Salford Quays
Salary: Circa £24,100
- Maintain a professional and mature attitude toward customers at all times
- Provide first level telephone support for our Client group and a global network of colleges / testing centres.
- Provide first/second level technical support in French and English to VUE’s customers (both internal and external)
- Provide installation support of Testing Systems software.
- Retain ownership of problems until resolved
- Help manage the support of applications and software for all users of the business applications
- Ensure that the highest service delivery is achieved, by meeting internal Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Keep management informed of significant changes in performance of applications
- Look for opportunity to avoid operational trouble areas
- Document procedures as necessary.
- Maintain accurate escalation documents following up on all issues from telephone calls, incidents or e-mail enquires
- Successfully complete any specific project work as directed by the team leader
- Prioritize workload based on urgency and impact to customers and the business
- Ensure superior customer service and technical support for internal and external customers of VUE applications
- Ensure accurate recording of helpdesk calls using the company’s incident tracking systems
- Assist all software release activity for all parties impacted
- Support evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- Escalating to global teams for system support issues
- Work closely with other colleagues and teams to ensure proper process & procedures are followed
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be bilingual in French and English
- Excellent knowledge and experience in a customer focus environment At least two years in a similar role
- Must be able to actively demonstrate a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Effective time management
- Excellent conflict management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience and support of Microsoft Server/workstation operating systems and office applications
- Experience with supporting software applications via telephone and using remote tools
- Experience of supporting LAN/WAN connectivity related issues
- General knowledge of networking configurations and troubleshooting
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to new systems and operating environments
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Qualification in ITIL or similar
- Qualifications from Helpdesk Institute
- Active Directory support
- Demonstrated documentation and training skills
- Utilisation of helpdesk tools (e.g. SalesForce)