M&E Project Engineer - Water
Position: M&E Project Engineer (Water)
Salary Guide: £40,000 - £45,000pa plus car and package (Negotiable)
Our client is recruiting for an M&E Project Engineer to deliver water and wastewater design and build projects across the South West Region, predominately working on schemes for South West Water and Wessex Water.
The main purpose of the role will be to project manage and engineer the mechanical and electrical equipment and associated plant for a contract to enable the project to be completed within the budget and time constraints to an overall quality standard.
- Management of sub-contractors and assistance in the placement of sub-contract and material orders.
- Vetting of sub-contractors.
- Planning and programming. Preparation of project programme for mechanical and electrical aspects of work and to advise personnel of progress and forecast.
- Quality Assurance - To maintain quality assurance records in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Engineering design - Approval and vetting of sub-contractors designs in accordance with the specification requirements.
- Production of operating and maintenance manuals.
- Attending site progress meetings and production of reports.
- Co-ordination of mechanical, electrical and civil works in co-operation with the Design Co-ordinator.
- Inspection of equipment as required.
- Advising the Quantity Surveyors of changes to specification and the financial impact on a project.
- Technical assistance to the Contract Manager and Quantity Surveyor regarding contractual disputes if required.
- Client liaison and correspondence.
- Provide training of client's personnel complete with manuals as required.
- Actioning defects during the liability period.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant Mechanical or Electrical discipline;
- CSCS Card;
- 5 Day CITB Site Management Safety Training (Desirable);
- EUSR Hygiene Card (Desirable);
- Must comprehensive experience of working in a contractor-based background within the water industry on sewage and water treatment works;
- Ideally be knowledgeable in all project engineer/management techniques required in the design and construction of water and/or sewage treatment works (Desirable);
- An understanding of conditions of contract and budget control is also required.
- Technical expertise in the placement of sub-contracts and material orders relating to mechanical equipment.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team environment;
- The need to pay attention to detail is critical;
- Should possess good communication skills and have an outgoing personality;
- The person must be capable of supervising site staff if required.
Keywords: Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Water, Sewage, South West Water, Wessex Water, Bristol Water