EBD Support Workers Needed
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Are you a dedicated and enthusiastic Support Worker?
An EBD / Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Support Worker is required for long term supply cover in SEND schools in the Barnstaple area.
The school caters for Secondary students with Education, Health and Care Plan / EHC Plan, as well as those under the care of the Local Authority. You must be able to engage with the students, gain their trust and help them to develop essential skills for life beyond education. The students are vulnerable and need that little bit extra support.
The school has an excellent reputation and is a great place to work; the staff are welcoming, friendly and supportive of one another.
The ideal EBD / Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Support Worker will have:
- The initiative, ability and desire to support young people to be the best that they can be
- The ability to build good relationships with the staff and pupils
- Skills that allow you to engage with young people in the classroom
- Ability to provide high levels of person centred care and support
- Experience of supporting young people with EBD is essential
In return the successful EBD / Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Support Worker will receive:
- A great rate of pay
- Fantastic prospects of further long term work
- A high level of support provided by your dedicated consultant
- The opportunity to make a genuine difference
If you would like further information on this exciting position, please call Rebecca on or email your CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.