Business Development Officer
International Networking and e-Infrastructure organisation requires a Business Development Officer on a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave (9 months with the possibility of extension).
Within the company the job holder will work as a participant in two tasks within the wider Stakeholder, User, Partner engagement activity namely; Task 1: European and Global Partner Account Management; Task 2: Liaison with International User groups.
The job holder plays a key role in the account management of a network of Academic and Research institutions, users and partners. Effective service information dissemination and consultation are important aspects of the role. This role involves managing the relationship between the organisation and the European community effectively and supporting wider relationship building activities as required. It also involves leading, coordinating and supporting activities involving other partner organizations globally, as well as international user projects. The job holder is required to combine elements of network, trust and identity, clouds and other services to meet the needs of the users. The Business Development Officer must be an experienced project manager with participation and management experience in complex international projects in a high-tech environment and with specialist knowledge in Partner, User and Stakeholder Relations. The job holder has responsibility for delivery of outputs to a large variety of stakeholders from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, as well as the European Commission, within a matrix governance structure.
Qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent experience
- Ability to fluently speak and write in English
- Project management experience (3+ years)
- Excellent relationship management, programmed management and project development skills
- An interest in, and appreciation of, scientific research and the working practices in the academic community
- Proficient in the use of teleconferencing, videoconferencing, web conferencing, and telepresence
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to successfully engage equally with both, executives and engineering and operational teams
- Able to mediate issues and translate requirements between various stakeholders (technical, commercial, research) and develop a common understanding
- Commercial awareness