Customer Demand Planner
Leading specialist Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requires a Graduate Demand Planner.
The Demand Planning Coordinator maintains responsibility for the order book and delivery of finished goods to all customers within UK & Export markets. As a result this position is the key customer contact point regarding orders and related commercial enquiries. The role provides support to Commercial, Supply Chain and Operational functions focusing on forecast analysis versus budget, demand planning, market intelligence and customer service measured through internal KPI and external SLA targets. Proactively obtaining additional orders to meet monthly budgeted requirement it is a pivotal customer facing role. The Demand Planning Coordinator will align to the short and longer term operational strategy offering support and up to date information related to customer forecasts and demand requirements. More specifically managing demand planning for the top 20 Key accounts/product lines to generate accurate volume requirements on a rolling monthly basis enabling supply chain to procure raw materials and consumables in a timely manner to meet customer and business needs.
• Communicate proactively with Customers, commercial team and other teams on significant changes in demand (backorders & allocations) ensuring actions are taken to minimize the operational impact.
• Regular communication with BDM, agencies/customers to analyse and report all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels).
• Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
• Design and generate weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports, and load it to Sage to enable MRP operation.
• Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method and approach.
• Receives orders (also other customer related enquiries such as sample/technical requests)
• Agrees order lead time with supply chain
• Confirms order receipt and lead time with customer
• Communicates order progress with customer
• Facilitates/coordinates shipping related documentation
• Arranges transport for all export shipments
• Plays a leading role at the daily Sales Board
Skills and Education required
• Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and demand planning.
• Strong analytical abilities
• Experience using ERP/MRP statistical analysis and other MRP functionality
• Knowledge of demand management/forecasting Good communication and Team building skills
• Proven inventory skills
• In-depth knowledge of guidelines associated with function.
• Ability to organise and lead meetings.
• To provide support to the whole supply chain department to cover holiday and sickness.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of SAGE, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Effective MRP user.
• Excellent communication skills
• Good numeric and analytical skills
• Ability to prepare clear, sound and accurate, informative and legible reports
• 3+ years related experience
• Ideally educated to degree level in a technical discipline or with significant experience in demand planning and customer service.
Ideal but not necessary
Ideally a Member of the CIPS