Catering Learner Support Worker
Catering Learning Support Assistant
St John's School and College
40 hours per week; Term Time Only (8am to 4pm / Monday to Friday)
St. John's Grade 6 £14,881 plus enterprise allowance £1,648
Pro rata actual salary £14,943
St John's is a specialist school and college offering high quality education and care for young people aged 7-25 with a wide range of special educational needs. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is positive about learning disabilities to join our team.
The role of Catering Learner Support Worker is important in ensuring that the School and College meets the educational, social, emotional and learning needs of all Learners. St. John's aims to work on a team approach, but there are specific roles and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Responsible for the cooking, cooling and safe storage of all food item made.
- Be responsible for cooking hot and cold meals for 220 meals per day.
- Maintain and adhere to food safety management systems as set out in the Safer Food, Better Business manual.
- Ensure the smooth running of the kitchen and café, to include setting up and closing down.
- Washing up and cleaning duties in the kitchen and café and to follow the cleaning schedule and all COSHH regulations with regard to cleaning materials.
- To support learners to carry out all jobs relating to the café and kitchen, safely and efficiently following the risk assessment.
You will ideally have worked in a similar environment in a similar role. Organisation, attention to detail and good communication skills are a must, as well as a passion and drive to succeed in this role.
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment policy. Regrettably, we will only accept applications on our company application form which can be completed on our company website.
Closing date: Monday 8th January 2018 with interviews to commence that week.