Software Application Manager
Are you an experienced software Applications Manager ?
Do you have experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, Lexis Nexis Interaction or the iManage Worksite document management system ?
Are you an experienced people manager who has worked with a large team across multiple locations?
Would you like to work in a fantastic office in the city centre of Glasgow for a global company with a history spanning more then 200 years ?
If so I have a great role for you.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, vision and direction for the companies applications
- Work with IT and business leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organisation to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Define and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Provide support and facilitate innovative and experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames.
- Manage the application team personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organisation, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Manage individual application development work streams as required, taking on roles such as Technical Lead, Senior Supplier and representing the team on relevant project boards.
- Manage the support and on call requirements of the team.
Required skills include:
- Experience of managing a large team across multiple locations and multiple disciplines.
- Hands on experience in application management preferably one or more of the following or similar applications: iManage Worksite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Interaction CRM, High Q, IntApp
- A proven track record of simultaneously delivering on large Programmes, Projects and BAU.
- Strong awareness of full application life-cycles including Agile and Waterfall.
- Selection and implementation of tools and processes to support all required activities.
- Strong knowledge and track record of delivering software architecture, design and procurement issues (strong commercial awareness with experience in vendor management).
- Experience in large data export/imports (ETL), web services and third party API technology.
- Experience in Microsoft back office products Windows server, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL and the Microsoft security stack.
- Experience of on-boarding new applications and well as de-commissioning older or legacy applications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the global organising during a very busy time.
Search Consultancy is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.