Empowering Learning are seeking Design Technology Technicians who specialise in resistant materials for a number of assignments in secondary schools throughout South East London.
Providing technical and curriculum support services to the Technology Faculty. The curriculum includes Resistant Materials, Graphics, ICT and Food Technology. Working as part of a team to support the smooth running of the department and contributing to the school improvement and efficient.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be expected to:
- Liaise with teaching staff and technicians to identify technical support needs generated by the curriculum.
- Ensure that appropriate stock level of apparatus and tools are maintained. Maintain stock books, including carrying out or arranging stock checks.
- Place and progress orders, ensuring spending is in line with Faculty policy.
- Keep appropriate financial records, keeping Head of Technology informed of expenditures and liaising with Finance Department as appropriate.
- Identify equipment needs in consultation with teaching and technician staff to participate in the selection of new equipment.
- Organise and store equipment, apparatus, tools and materials in accordance with the Learning Trusts regulations where appropriate.
- Participate in the development of the Technology Faculty's technical and practical facilities to meet teaching/learning needs.
- Organise the maintenance and repair of Faculty apparatus and equipment and have overall responsibility for maintenance records.
- Ensure the maintenance of room services and facilities, liaising with the Team Leader for Technical Services as appropriate.
- Prepare apparatus, tools and materials and set up equipment for use in practical classes.
- Set up and, on occasion, carry out demonstrations.
- Retrieve and clean away apparatus/ tools ect after use.
- Construct and modify tools.
- Ensure that the practical requirements of practical assessments and examinations are met, including preparing, setting up and testing materials, apparatus and equipment. Attend examination previews.
- Give technical advice to teachers and pupils assisting in practical classes as appropriate.
- Maintain displays in the Faculty as requested by specialist teachers.
- Advise teaching staff of technical requirements raised by the curriculum and contribute to the development of the Faculty's practical work.
- Ensure that satisfactory standards of safety and security are maintained in relation to the Faculty's technical service in accordance to School/Trust policy.
- Liaise with other faculties within the school and with other establishments.
- Undertake appropriate technical duties as requested by the Head of Technology, including assistance with whole-school initiatives.