Head of Customer Relations
Our client is looking for a Head of Customer Relation to Lead, direct and be accountable for all elements of the complaints operation. The role has a significant influence on the effective delivery of a quality, risk and compliance capability throughout the operations that effectively supports and enhances the customer experience.
- Work as an integral part of the Senior Management team to deliver relevant business solutions contributing to the overall service strategy.
- Lead a large and complex operational area over two sites.
- Ensure accurate assessment and proactive management of complaint handling in accordance with the agreed service level agreements.
- Establish, develop, deliver and maintain an operational delivery plan in line with budget.
- Continually identify and implement improvements to achieve both effective and efficient operation of the department and compliance with regulatory requirements, and ensure effective contribution to the business unit.
- Ensure complaints administration adheres to current and future FCA & CQC regulations.
- Accountable for complaints reports and metrics ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet requirements of the appropriate governance meetings.
- Responsible for complaints procedures and processes, ensuring document review procedures are maintained and current versions are being utilised.
- Identify operational risks and implement mitigating controls with appropriate risk escalation where necessary to ensure adherence to appropriate FCA regulatory requirements.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure quality standards are continuously improved by the Customer Relations/ Complaints team.
- Review and contest, where appropriate, Ombudsman decisions and incorporate learning outcomes in to process improvements.
- Ensure capture of complaints and expressions of dissatisfaction are continuously improved to facilitate root cause analysis.
- Lead on identification and reduction of issues causing dissatisfactions and complaints to continuously improve customer satisfaction year on year.
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- Extensive Financial Services or regulated environment experience.
- Proven track record of leading large operational teams of people and complex operational areas in a dynamic customer centric environment.
- Experience of liaising with external partners, third party supplier’s key decision makers and internal business relationships.
- Skilled facilitator and delivery of people and process change.
- Proven track record in delivering significant customer service improvements in a multi-functional environment through sound planning and project based methodology skills.
- Sound understanding of customer insight.
- Experience of influencing decisions at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent coaching skills and a recognised leader with integrity, charisma and gravitas.