Head of Business Improvement
Our client is looking for a Head of Business Improvement where you will be a member of the Operations Leadership Team reporting into the Operations Director.
The role holder has a critical leadership role in setting the direction for transformation, development, and execution of all UK Operations improvements and is jointly responsible with peers for driving operational change, process improvement and optimisation across UK.
- Manage and enhance key capabilities to work closely with other functions to deliver continuously improving, data-driven, end to end processes within and outside UKI Operations.
- Structure the business improvement functions to operate effectively to deliver improvements.
- Develop a robust understanding of current operational costs and waste and develop Business Improvement KPI’s / metrics.
- Ensure progress against these metrics are monitored and reported against objectives of all operations functions as well as reported in relevant UKI committees, leadership teams and functional teams
- Consult and work closely together across all UKI functions to identify, scope and propose opportunities for operational improvement and efficiency, including in functions outside operations to ensure the whole end to end process is improved.
- Lead the design process and execution of the Business Improvement plan, engaging with functional teams across UKI, and prioritise business improvement activities to deliver biggest possible impact with available resource
- Actively drive automation / improvements to liberate resources to improve efficiency and enable reinvestment in further capability
- Identify, engage and mobilise resources within and outside of own team to deliver the Business Improvements
Qualifications, Training & Experience
- Excellent track record of personally leading operational change and business improvement, optimising resources as required
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and effective working relationships to harness people, process and technology, engaging and mobilising resources within other functional areas to drive results
- Robust understanding of data and analytics to drive operational efficiencies
- Strong leadership skills; able to motivate and manage a diverse team, and deploy and develop resources effectively
- Strong individual with the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels
- Diplomacy and ability to deliver constructive and normative feedback
- Sound decision-making ability, able to consider wider strategic business issues alongside having the ability to have considerable grasp of the detail.
- Ability to coordinate lots of information in a matrix management structure
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Solutions-focused can-do attitude to drive and assist the business on moving forward
- Ideally have experience of the FCA and/or the Financial Services regulatory environment