This role is still live as at 29/11/2017 and will remain on Indeed until the role is filled so please do apply if you are interested.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £35,000 to £55,000 DOE + Bonus up to 10% (paid annually), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (can buy or sell up to 5 days) pension match scheme starting at 2.5%, BUPA, life assurance x 4 salary
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: PH9334
You could be a Qualified (ACA or ACCA) OR QBE Accountant with a strong Financial Accounting background, looking for a new challenge in an organisation that values their staff and will help you to achieve your goals.
A strong financial reporting background is essential - moreso than being fully qualified!
- Responsibility for the provision of financial and management information
- Work closely with the Finance Director in the provision of a quality service to internal and external customers
- Be an innovator, someone who can identify areas of control weakness or inefficiencies, investigate process changes which are practicable, then implement the best solution.
- Daily bank reconciliation for main LLP bank account
- Provision of the daily group cash balances sheet to the Finance Director and Board
- Manage day to day bank relationship including but not limited to all bank mandates, direct debits, standing orders, bank transfers, etc.
- Month end reporting procedures including posting of all journals, cash books and account reconciliations, group management accounts and utilisation report
- Closure of the time and recording system within the given deadlines
- Provide cover for the production and recording of the VPM credit notes as requested by offices
- Provide cover for the production and collation of the office WIP and debtors provisions
- Provide cover for the production of the Monthly Statement, Quarterly cash flow forecast and Partners KPI?s
- Quarterly Group VAT return and EC Sales Lists
- Twice monthly BAC?s payment run reviews and bank authorisation
- Responsibility for the Central Admin petty cash, including monthly reconciliation
- Issue of travel warrants
- Liaise with the HR department, regarding the set-up of season ticket loans, ensuring the correct authorisation and backing documentation is received
- Monthly intercompany invoicing and reconciliations
- Fixed asset ledger maintenance, ensuring all relevant forms completed and authorised
- Ad-hoc invoicing including those to office subtenants and debt collection
- Provision to the OPP?s and heads of departments the monthly/quarterly general ledger analysis
- Completion of Companies House forms and ensuring filing deadlines are met
- Completion of all necessary tasks for an entering/exiting Partner
- Aid in the preparation of Central budgets, the Group consolidation and inputting into the accounting system
- Dealing with the day to day insurance needs of the group, including liaising with the insurance broker, MIT database and answering queries
- Inputting of T10?s derived from the office cashbooks and provision of cover for Purchase Ledger Clerk?s inputting of T10?s
- Liaising with all offices and collating the information required by QAD regarding commissions earned from Carwoods
- Creation of process notes for all elements of job
- Payment of pensions to retired partners including quarterly journals and liaising with auditors for year-end report
- Production of ONS statistics for listed companies by given deadline
- Liaison with other members of the department to ensure all necessary information is communicated to those that will be impacted
- Preparation of year end schedules and liaison with auditors
- Provide cover for the Group Co?s Financial Account, on all group companies. Ensure a full understanding of the accounting and tasks undertaken by the Accountant
- Ad-hoc projects where necessary
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- Positive and proactive attitude - constantly looking for efficiencies and ways to implement, happy to get involved in areas that are not under remit and work the necessary hours to complete tasks
- IT literate - Excel, Word and SAP (although SAP not essential)
- Ability to prioritise own workload to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Demonstrable creativity when approaching problem solving
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff across the group companies.
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this position.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959435151