My client is looking to recruit a Assistant Buyer to join their ever expanding business.
The main purpose of the role will be to support the Buying team in a range of administration and practical tasks to assist them in ensuring the availability of a range of products, product samples and presentation materials which will facilitate the sales team in maximising sales.
- To input all data for line lists on a daily basis chasing factories for information to complete line list data as necessary
- To identify specification information for all new products and packaging and input onto the standard templates
- To issue specification data to suppliers requesting quotes as directed
- To purchase products from the marketplace as directed by Buyers thereafter detailing all specifications and requirements and issuing to suppliers for quotations
- To ensure up to date samples or quality mock up boards are provided for Showroom display of current products within the category
- To ensure the availability of up to date samples, new samples and prototypes or quality mock ups for Trade Shows within the category
- To make and/or update as needed quality sales presenters which best reflect the category product ranges available to aid the sales process
- Liaise with factories on a regular basis regarding pre-production and approved production samples. chasing progress of orders to ensure requirements are met within required timescales.
- To provide cover and/or support for other Assistant Buyers and Buying Administrators as required ensuring urgent requirements are met from within the Admin and support team
- On an ongoing basis to check the work flow viewer and task viewer ensuring all administration support requests are met to meet business need.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonable be required
If you have worked on Navision before that would be a great advantage along with previous Buying Assistant experience
Only relevant candidates will be contacted