Hungarian In-House Translator
Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
We are currently searching for an Hungarian In-House Translator to join our Retail Support team at our Shirebrook Head Office.
The purpose of this role will be to:
To provide a professional translation service to the following departments on relevant business materials;
NB: You will report to various Department Heads as and when required on department specific tasks that you are set.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Reading through original material and rewriting it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used
- Using appropriate software for presentation and delivery
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation
- Liaising with relevant departments to discuss any unclear points and find appropriate solutions
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions of company material
- Providing relevant departments with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document;
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines with the ability to work well under pressure
- Retaining and developing specialist knowledge on specialist areas of translation
- Sharing best practice and proactively introducing relevant document checking systems for translation
- Compile information, such as technical terms used in legal settings, into glossaries and terminology databases to be used in translations
- Render spoken messages accurately, quickly, and clearly for any relevant business documents, also supporting meetings on an ad hoc basis with any International visitors.
- Maintain or duplicate the structure and style of the original meaning in all documents while keeping the ideas and facts of the original meaning accurate
- Maintain relevant databases and support general ad hoc administration for the department
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Previous translation experience is essential.
- Excellent communication and written skills in both English and Hungarian.
- Able to work from our Shirebrook head office 5 days a week.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Additional languages are an advantage.
- Previous experience working with Trados and Adobe InDesign.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and feel that this could be the role for you then APPLY NOW!