Insurance Statistical Analyst - Personal Lines
To contribute to the achievement of business objectives through the delivery of an efficient analysis and reporting service to Towergate senior management, u/w zones, and insurer partners.
- Utilise a variety of software tools and data sources to analyse the underwriting performance of the Towergate zones.
- Produce regular performance reporting for Towergate senior management and insurer partners illustrating historic and future expected underwriting results and explain movements and their underlying causes.
- Understand key performance indicators and provide insight and advice to management on areas where opportunities exist or other action is required.
- Analyse underwriting performance and advise on the underwriting of existing and proposed Towergate general insurance products.
- Produce output to agreed deadlines and required standards of accuracy.
- Work collaboratively within the Pricing and Actuarial Team and build relationships with zones/insurers, becoming a recognised, reliable contact for both internal and external customers.
- Develop knowledge and skills by undertaking training in line with agreed development plan including mandatory training and keep up-to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of various learning materials.
- Embrace change and delivers new solutions and innovation within a team environment by considering wider options.
- Good result in a maths/stats/finance/economics/business related degree
- 2/3 years experience of working in a general insurer doing analysis/reporting
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good PC skills, especially Excel