Team Lead - Consumer Platform Engineer
You’ll guide development and delivery of our Consumer Platform which drives over 3 billion dollars of revenue annually. You will lead, manage, and inspire engineers to deliver the best ticketing experience across the globe. You’ll help teams fulfil technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches.
You will emphasise collaboration and mutual support - sharing project workflow with globally distributed teams, contributing code to core global services and applications, and cultural exchange between development groups.
Ticketmaster Entertainment, part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Coordinate development work across globally distributed software teams
- Ensure applicability of global applications to international markets
- Meaningful participation in web, native app and service layer architecture design
- Spike and prototype
- Write exemplary code
- Own the full development and deployment cycle for current and future applications
- Lead technical teams formed on a per-project basis
- Encourage and grow developers in their craft
- Debug and triage production application issues, often not your own
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
- Previous experience leading and mentoring engineering teams
- Java 8 programming language and standard library
- Docker + an orchestration/scheduling framework e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos docker-compose
- Knowledge of one or more JVM application containers
- Test-Driven Development
- Agile development practices
- Understanding of Continuous Integration practices
- Knowledge of current software architectural trends and practices
- Knowledge of one or more other JVM languages
- Behaviour - Driven Development
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL REQUIREMENTS)
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
- Love of the craft of software development
- Desire to continually improve your own skills, and ability to transfer that to the skills of others
- Friendly approach to your own team, and supportive attitude to the many other teams we work with
Ticketmaster, part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of four core business areas: Concerts, Ticketing, Artist Nation and Sponsorship & Advertising
Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.