Senior Administrator - Burpham
Action for Carers (Surrey) is a local charity which supports unpaid adult and young carers across Surrey. Our offices are at Astolat, Coniers Way, Burpham, Guildford, GU4 7HL.
Exact working hours:
9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday
About the Role
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Administrator with supervisory, clerical and database experience to lead a small admin team. This post is based at our Burpham office.
- Provide line management to the Surrey Young Carers Administration team.
- Monitor the quality and consistency of the administrative service delivered.
- Be the first point of contact for telephone calls.
- Respond to carers queries sensitively and appropriately.
- Maintain the database, including inputting and retrieval of referral data, running reports and producing mailing labels and lists as required.
- Respond to post and emails appropriately and sensitively.
You must be:
- A confident leader / manager.
- IT literate and have proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable with database software and be able to accurately input information and run reports.
- An excellent communicator with a clear and friendly telephone manner.
- Able to empathise with carers’ needs and concerns.
Action for Carers (Surrey) has a vision ‘to enable all unpaid carers to have a voice and access support to improve their quality of life and wellbeing.’ You will be joining a committed, passionate charity determined to make a difference to young and adult unpaid carers across Surrey.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Action for Carers (Surrey) is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.