Legal Advocate - Liverpool
Flexible working on offer
- To undertake advocacy requirements from within all the company's legal departments, ensuring provision of a high quality, cost effective and efficient service.
- Advocacy will include Infant Settlement hearings, Stage 3 hearings, CMCs, CCMCs and also directions hearing
- Play an active role in both developing and delivering advocacy training for employees.
- To provide advice, analysis, research and drafting when required.
- To prepare and manage advocacy MI.
- To be responsible for the advocacy arising from such cases within the company.
- To provide advice to Fee Earners on the best way to present cases at Court.
- To assist in developing processes and documentation for the CMS in relation to the representation process at Court.
- To identify cases where it would be advantageous to settle/proceed to a final hearing.
- Keep up to date with industry/legislation changes.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- Barrister/Solicitor confident in advocacy
- 12 months experience (at least) in undertaking advocacy regularly
- A strong working knowledge of CPR and all relevant case law
- Having undertaken BVC or have 'Higher Rights of Audience
- Excellent advocacy/litigation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player and able to act as a role model to all colleagues
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Law firm with offices nationwide. With an excellent reputation in the industry, you will be based at their Liverpool Office. My client offers an excellent salary, plus extensive benefits.
If you possess the relevant skills for this role then please apply today. Alternatively call Lisa Hare at 121 Legal Recruitment for further information on this role.