We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Engineer to join our client, a locally based design and manufacturing firm organisation in Salisbury, Wilts.
The role is to support the business in the development and transition into production of new or modified products in response to the Companies or Customer's requirements.
As the successful candidate, you will support a Technical Manager, Chief Design Engineer and Senior Development Engineers. You will also monitor and control the activities of various Technicians and support staff.
As the Development Engineer, your skills and experience will need to include:
- 3D CAD Modelling
- Strong MS Office skills
- Good workshop practice
- Practical machining skills
- Knowledge of risk assessments
- Level 5 Foundation Degree, or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 years experience working in a related engineering discipline
- A degree in Engineering would be an advantage
Key duties within the role will include:
- Preparation of proposals for product development including project plans
- Collation of data and technically report development activities and maintain technical documentation and reports
- Recommend enhancements and improvements relating to the performance of products and systems
- Be able to interface with external customers at intermediate level
- Produce drawings/schemes for components, assemblies and equipment
- Source materials and components for prototype manufacture
- Deputise for a Senior Development Engineer when required
In return, you will be offered a rewarding environment to work, a competitive salary, flexitime working hours, 25 days holiday + other benefits
This role is a full time position 37.5hrs per week (flexitime available)