Our Broadcast Media client is looking to hire a Broadcast Engineer for their team at Stratford. To provide engineering support to the technical facilities of the Media Sports broadcast facility which includes four HD broadcast studios, 1 UHD and 9 HD galleries, a post-production village, multi-channelMCR, and playout operation.
* Maintain and operate equipment in Studios, MCR, and associated technical areas.
* Work closely with production teams and other technical departments to ensure that the operational needs of Media Sport and its production partners are met effectively.
* Devise ways of achieving the technical requirements of programme-makers by means of innovation and development.
* Ensure that technical faults are resolved quickly, or alternative solutions implemented so that the broadcast output and studio operation is not impacted.
* Ensure that all electronic equipment is maintained and aligned to defined standards and is modified and updated as required.
* Prioritize the daily support workload and meet deadlines individually and as part of a first-line support team.
* Support technical installation and project work as required.
* Rig, operate and monitor equipment including sound, cameras, lighting and vision systems, projection equipment, studio graphics and other systems as required.
* Configure and route sound and vision feeds around the Media Sports facility using BNCS.
* Operate and interrogate a broad range of systems, and retrieve logs for analysis.
* At times you may be required to work at other sites or location.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* A minimum of two years' engineering experience in a similar broadcast environment.
* Training and qualifications relevant to broadcast engineering.
* A comprehensive appreciation of end-to-end production processes and a good understanding of the 'live' transmission chain in a broadcast environment.
* A positive, enthusiastic manner with the ability to react tactfully and sympathetically to requests from production staff and clients.
* Experience of working with a similar customer facing technical support role.
* Knowledge and experience of vision, sound, routing, communication and computer systems as they relate to a television studio or broadcast environment.
* Excellent troubleshooting and technical issue diagnostic skills. Able to monitor/report on the progress of tasks in a constructive and appropriate manner.
* Able to make a critical assessment of television pictures and waveforms as necessary.
* Good knowledge of file-based formats, workflows and technologies.
* Good understanding of IT and TCIP networking infrastructure.
* Experience of writing clear documentation for projects, repairs and upgrades.
* Effective communication and good problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team and to remain calm under pressure.
* Previous experience with any of the following systems and equipment will be highly regarded:
- o Sony Vision Mixers
- o Sony 2400 cameras
- o BNCS control system
- o S.A.M Sirius routers
- o S.A.M Vision Mixers
- o Axon/S.A.M/Evertz Glue
- o Evertz Multiviewers
- o NCAM AR tracking system
- o Calrec and Yamaha audio desks
- o ETC Congo lighting desks
This is an 8/14 shift-based role which includes weekend work and some night shifts.
In return, they offer, an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including private healthcare, medical cash benefits, childcare vouchers,
cycle to work scheme, travel insurance to name a few. Over and above this, they also organise regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.