Salary: £20,250 per annum
About this Role:
This is a new role that will be a share resource for both the Essentials & Retail team delivery requirements. The patch will be diverse; it will include London & the Home Counties, including such areas as Northampton & Oxford.
· Delivery of consumables orders to Essentials department customers.
· Delivery of stock to Retail Merchandisers to Retail department Hub & Vending sites.
· To ensure that a visual check of the goods being loaded to the van is made, and the order is complete in accordance with the picking & delivery notes.
· To load deliveries onto the van in an organised way.
· To complete all delivery paperwork in full.
· Determining most efficient route for delivery of consignments.
· Making deliveries on behalf of other departments when required.
· Timely deliveries that meet SLA agreements with customers & departmental KPIs.
· Close communication with the Essentials operations team in the office at all times.
· To ensure a high level of customer care is maintained and that this is always conducted in a courteous manner.
· To ensure appearance, is kept to the high standards as stated in the company's Handbook (smart and clean uniform, personal hygiene, well groomed, no visible tattoos).
· To maintain the company vehicle in accordance with the servicing schedules. The vehicle must be kept in a satisfactory road worthy condition at all times.
· The vehicle must be kept clean and tidy both inside and out at all times. Any defects must be reported immediately.
· To comply with the laws of the road, drive carefully and considerately at all times and hold a current clean driving licence. To report any endorsements to your manager.
· To ensure that all locks and secure storage areas of your vehicle are in good working order. Any faults must be reported immediately and arrangements made for repair at the earliest opportunity.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Good time management and organisation skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative and able to solve problems.
· Attention to detail, efficient and accurate at work.
· Previous multi-drop delivery driver experience required.