Assembly Technicians - Manufacturing
We are looking for experienced Manufacturing Technicians to join an award winning Manufacturing Company, who specialises in manufacturing mobile elevated work platforms, based in Milton Keynes.
The role will be to perform a range of manufacturing and production operations to the required standard, on time and within commercial cost budgets.
The main purpose of the role will be to work efficiently to specification and tasks include, mechanical assembly, hydraulic installation, electrical wiring, fabrication and fitting, which is linked to the service and repair of the access platforms.
- Working to ISO 9001 procedures, with a quality focus throughout all of the stages of the manufacturing process to achieve customer satisfaction
- Competent build inspection of all stages and materials used
- Maintaining and developing accurate systems and procedures, ensuring engineering masters and works orders accurately reflect the approved parts consumed. This includes identification of low stock
- Working towards the continuous improvement of elimination of waste through lean manufacturing techniques. Maintain a high standard of 5's workplace organisation.
- Contributing well as a member of the team to achieve customer quality, delivery, cost and innovation requirements, striving to meet performance requirements cell productivity, stock accuracy, quality defects, and flow line adherence.
- Comply with the company health and safety procedure
- Full flexibility in regards to training and helping to train others to enable all manufacturing operations to be completed across the company.
You will need to be a team player with proven qualifications and skills in mechanical, hydraulic and electrical fitting and installation. The position requires operating to a high standard of quality in a demanding production role.
The basic hourly rate for this role is £9.45 per hour, however this is significantly increased with performance and attendance bonuses and required Overtime. 1-2 hours of overtime is required daily and 4-6 hours on a saturday. The company ask that 3 our of 4 saturdays are worked within a month.
There is plenty of overtime available and it is paid at 1.5 rates.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days (increase with service) plus bank holidays.
There is also a health cover scheme and 4% contributory pension, plus life insurance.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding company who can offer organic growth and a stable environment.