IT Assistant - Gosfield School
Part time. Term time. School Hours.
The IT-based Assistant's primary duties involve configuring hardware, software, email accounts, proprietary systems and peripherals such as printers and routers; plus maintaining equipment, replacing consumables and providing daily support for network users - including teachers, pupils and support staff. You will effectively provide an in-house, front-line help desk and support service, answering calls and e-mails regarding the computer and communication systems, and acting upon them.
Duties and Responsibilities: These include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide user support to staff and pupils.
- Set up and install software onto desktops, laptops and tablets.
- Arrange warranty hardware repairs.
- Provide basic school-related IT support for privately-owned devices (e.g. tablets, phones)
- Ensure printers and copiers are consistently refilled with paper, toners and any other consumables
- Survey IT equipment and infrastructure, logging faults where necessary
- Manage our telephone system including changes to user names and forwarding conventions.
- Manage our system and equipment used to create security passes.
- Clean projector filters/replace lamps.
- Provide assistance with in-house print and production of publicity materials and teaching and learning resources for school events, notice boards etc.
- Assist setup for assemblies & audio-visual presentations.
- In all activity, ensure that Safeguarding, Data Protection and other school policies are maintained by yourself, and supported for everyone through the use of IT.
You will report to our Head of IT who oversees all of our requirements and system developments, but has other duties which preclude day-to-day activity and troubleshooting. We also have an IT support company to which higher-level issues can be escalated; usually via you with the approval of the Head of IT.
Hours of Work: Working hours for this position are negotiable - but are expected to involve between 25 and 30 hours per week around the school day. This is a term time-based position. However, a few days work will also be required outside of term time for routine maintenance which is not possible when the school is open. These hours will be included in the agreed contracted hours.
Key skills: Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills at the interview stage:
- Excellent communications skills
- IT literacy to a sufficient level to complete the tasks listed herein.
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Team player
Child Protection: Gosfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the the successful completion of DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certification.