Procurement Manager to lead team and manage category areas
Salary up to £55,000 plus car allowance + bonus
This is a new role for our client and is an exciting and challenging position to manage a team for all aspects of procurement activity.
You will be part of the management team and will work on strategic direction, tactical improvements and procurement integration and collaboration into the wider business. Ensure systems, guidelines, policies and processes are embedded in the team working methods. Responsible for rolling out any new improvements or initiatives across the team and ensuring that processes are followed consistently
- Lead and manage your team to ensure appropriate cover for all aspects of the work needed to be carried out.
- Day to day staff management
- Identify and help to resolve procurement challenges
- Lead 1 major category area to provide best value to the business
- Generate transparency and overview on spend and savings potential within spend segments, supplier landscape, supplier performance and current trends
- Liaise with business to develop and confirm demand plans and plan resources accordingly
- Prepare for and lead complex supplier negotiations to support your team
- Ensure team compliance of all processes, compliance and governance procedures within team
- Work with international Category Managers to ensure alignment of strategy and approach to bring additional value where possible
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally MCIPS
- Experience within these sectors would be useful: utilities / energy/ oil and gas/ construction and maintenance /engineering
- A minimum of five years procurement experience
- Proven capability / skills in complex negotiations and deal closing
- Ability to influence and manage across multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven ability to lead tender processes and negotiation robust contracts
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Expert understanding of goods / service supply markets including cost and value drivers in the supply chain within Category
- People management expereince and the ability to lead and train others.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.