Halifax, HX1 5HQ
Are you ready to take on the challenge? Our Shop Managers are vital to our success and by using your retail experience to drive business, push sales and achieve targets you’ll be improving the lives of people with a life-changing condition. Use your entrepreneurial flair to make a difference and we will reward you with career development within our expanding retail business.
Our Halifax store is over 3,000 square feet, so there’s a huge range of stock on display - furniture, clothing, bric-a-brac and books - both new and donated. As Shop Manager, you’ll take responsibility for making your large format store a big success. You’ll maximise sales, control expenditure and manage a team, who’ll look to you for leadership and guidance.
As Shop Manager you'll take responsibility for making this store a big success. This includes
• Organise fundraising events to promote Sue Ryder
• Recruit, train & retain a volunteer team, who'll look to you for leadership and guidance.
• Proactively maintain a well merchandised shop that pushes the boundaries and goes above and beyond your customers' individual expectations
• Manage effective stock processes and embrace new ways of working through the introduction of an Epos operation
• Attend area meetings and assisting at other shops as required
• Embracing changes and development of new IT procedures
You must have retail management experience with the commercial awareness to deliver sales.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Retail management experience
• Commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to help the shop team increase their skills and responsibility
• IT literate and numerate
• Able to use your own initiative and work autonomously
• Experience of recruiting volunteers
Above all else you will have the ambition to succeed to ensure Sue Ryder can continue delivering incredible care to all the people we support.
If this sounds like the challenge for you, apply today
*Competitive Benefits Package* - including 25 days holiday rising to 30 with service, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
At Sue Ryder not only do we treat more conditions than any other UK charity in our hospices, neurological care centres and out in the community; we also campaign to improve the lives of people living with them. We see the person, not the condition, taking time to understand the small things that help that person live the fullest life they can. Our shops, fundraising and volunteers support us to be there for people at the most difficult time of their lives.
We will be reviewing applicants as they apply.