We are partnered with a small but growing organization with a new and innovative product using an ARM-based Linux platform running on their own embedded code built in C++. Our client is seeking are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for the tools and infrastructure used to build and test all the software components and services.
As this is a new role within a small growing team we are seeking an individual who will own the role and make it their own. This is an opportunity for someone to take the role and grow it around them assisting our client in deploying and maintaining the cloud based infrastructure. On a day to day basis you will deploy and maintain internal build and Continuous Integration infrastructure and collaborate with the software team to improve the software development infrastructure.
Applicants will have experience managing cloud infrastructure and have a keen interested and experience in AWS and its services. Prior experience with version control systems is essential and you will feel confident in scripting and have a familiarity with test tools.
- Work with Continuous Integration tool chains such as Jenkins or Hudson.
- The Make build system.
- Managing cloud infrastructure.
- Version control systems (svn, git, mercurial etc.)
- Experience on AWS and its services, such as Route53, CloudFront, DynamoDB,
- EC2 or ElasticBeanstalk.
- Development on and with Linux.
- Jenkins CI.
- Nodejs based build and test tools, such as webpack, rollup, mocha, etc
Other Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Good general technology understanding and continuous learning mentality
- Willingness to take responsibility and play key role in a team
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Can work independently and with little supervision when needed