Manager, Central Accommodation Team
Salary: £30,000-35,000 GBP plus bonus of up to 20% annual salary and benefits
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
We are now recruiting a Manager, Central Accommodation Team to join our Kaplan International Head Office Team in West Kensington, London. The focus of the role will be to manage the accommodation booking process for students coming to our colleges. You’ll also be in charge of a small team who will be tasked with providing the highest level of customer service and who will be responsible for driving accommodation bookings pre-arrival.
Your key responsibilities will involve:
- Setting and management of booking process for student accommodation, including production of booking forms
- Management of enquiries at pre-arrival stage from students, agents, sponsors, and parents
- Management of accommodation bookings and room allocations across all colleges in the UK Pathways network
- Tracking of student take-up and conversion rates and production of statistics
- Working with colleagues in our student recruitment team to assist in the promotion of college student accommodation options
- Supervise the training and tasks of all staff in the accommodation bookings team and assure a smoothly run department
- Ensuring students are allocated to accommodation within deadlines, and student records are kept updated and accurate, within set guidelines
- Acting as a liaison between the central accommodation bookings team and both internal and external stakeholders, to ensure lines of communication are kept open and issues are resolved swiftly.
- Adjust sales strategy in line with demand
- Contribute to and feedback on room procurement strategies/ pricing
You may be required to work outside of normal working hours, including weekends, evenings, and public holidays. Some cross site travel (UK and overseas) may also be required.
To be successful in the role, you’ll have the following:
- Experience of team leadership and management
- Highly organised and resourceful, with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and plan work effectively under tight deadlines, under pressure and with competing priorities
- Target driven, with strong data analysis and management reporting skills
- The ability to identify and manage risk and knowing when to escalate areas of risk where applicable
- Ability to learn independently and to master and apply new knowledge and skills quickly
- Ability to influence and manage change by adopting a creative, solutions-based approach
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a matrix structure, across multiple teams
- High level of customer service and ability to sell accommodation
- Competent in use of student management systems and IT Tools
- A flexible approach to work and hours of work undertaken is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the student accommodation sector (other related sectors)
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences, ideally with experience of working with international students
- Fluency in an additional language
What we will offer you:
You will be joining a dynamic multilingual business in the high-growth industry of international education, and in a company which prides itself on its exceptional student experience and study outcomes. You will be provided with an initial induction, overview of the business, and systems training.
You will be based at our fabulous offices in Kensington Village, a really attractive business complex, 5 minutes from West Kensington tube, with 2 restaurants (one heavily subsidised) and a bar onsite. Our neighbours on the complex include leading advertising agencies and media businesses.
Application method: Apply with both your CV and covering letter via our online application form.
Closing date: Friday, 19th January 2018