Design Engineer (Autocad)
Repairs Design Engineer (Autocad contract)
Our customer is the UK?s leading independent aerospace company, specialising in aircraft maintenance, modifications and support services. Located at its airport HQ in Cambridge, plus with offices in Australia, Canada and Netherlands they are perfectly placed at the forefront of today?s Aerospace industry.
Due to a period of growth they are seeking to appoint the services of a Design Engineer to join their operation based in rural Cambridgeshire.
We are currently looking to recruit 1 Design Engineer in the Aerospace sectors that have experience in Aerospace Structural Repairs. The role requires hands on experience in design tools such as Autocad. The ideal candidate will also possess a broad knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and be able to demonstrate a desire to work enthusiastically in a dynamic, multi-disciplined environment on a diverse range of Aerospace programmes.
Successful applicants will exhibit the following abilities:
- Demonstrate a solid background in Aerospace Engineering and experience in designing and developing metallic structures (Primary and Secondary), while working within a team to create and update detail and assembly drawings and models.
- Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements and regulations
within agreed programmes and timescales.
Key skills for the role will be but not limited to:
- Proficiency in the use of Autocad with exposure to a typical PLM system.
- Basic stress analysis capability to substantiate preliminary design work concepts.
- Possess a high level of communication skills both written and verbal at all levels.
- Be able to make informed engineering design decisions and be able to judge when escalation is required.
- Work effectively as a part of a team or under their own initiative.
- Be resourceful and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit an appreciation of manufacturing and assembly techniques and constraints during the design cycle.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
PLEASE NOTE THAT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918055