Relief Support Worker - Tamworth, Staffs
Are you looking for a flexible job where you can choose when to work and still be able to make a positive difference in someone's life? At Mencap we can give you that. We have opportunities for Relief Support Workers where the successful candidates will be working as and when required. This means you can choose when to work depending on your availability and the hours being offered to you.
We provide support to cover a range of needs from emotional support to support with personal care. Our support teams provides support to adults with a learning disability to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from cooking and cleaning, to going to the supermarket or taking part in leisure activities.
Flexibility is essential as shifts vary and may be spread across the week / weekends and bank holidays including mornings, afternoons, evenings and sleep-ins.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
* An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate ( Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job reference 11576
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.