Job: Quality Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £35k + benefits
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and hands-on Quality Engineer to join a renowned company based in Greater Manchester area.
My client is a major OEM in the Aerospace sector and due to increased growth and development they require a Quality Engineer with a proven manufacturing background to join the organisation.
This is a fantastic chance for a motivated individual to secure a highly rewarding career opportunity.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that parts and processes are developed to the highest standard at the pre-production phase so that quality and capacity requirements can be achieved during mass production
- Cross functional working with Procurement to select suppliers for new model development whilst working closely with Design Engineering and suppliers to develop parts and production processes
- Project manage supplier parts and processes from concept to mass production and ensure that the supplier process has a suitable method of control and that this is recorded in the quality documentation
- Negotiate design change cost with suppliers and resolve complex part & process concerns
- Confirm parts quality and capacity to ensure volume requirements are met
The Quality Engineer will ideally have the following skills and experience:
Appreciation of parts manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret 2D and 3D drawings
- Solid engineering background
- Proven track record as a Quality Engineer in either Aerospace/Automotive industry
- Understanding of AS9100 and FAIRS process
This is a permanent position that offers competitive rate of pay, full training, the opportunity for career progression and free parking.
If this Quality engineer position is of interest to you and you have the necessary skills then please apply with an up to date CV along with your availability.
Premier are acting as an employment agency