Mid-Senior C# Net Developer - Cambridge
C# .Net Software Developer - Cambridge
A global financial services company with offices in Cambridge are looking for a Software Developer with a background in C# .Net Development to join there team.
The company is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth.
The role sits within a team developing the world's leading risk management software suite which is built to enable over 1,000 major insurance clients worldwide, as well as many of the largest financial services companies, to build and execute financial models.
As a Software Developer you will be responsible for :
- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit), developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests if necessary,
- Participating in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives, striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices,
- Mentoring junior members of the team and taking a lead role for some of the above activities.
You will have a commercial experience in:
- Software development experience using C# .NET,
- Full software development lifecycle: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment,
- Software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools,
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug fixing activities,
- Ability to design high-performance, scalable and extensible software architectures and algorithms which are also easy to test, debug and maintain
Desirable experience in :
- SQL Server (or other SQL databases),
The role is permanent based in Cambridge and paying a competitive salary of £45,000 - £65,000 plus benefits.
Apply by submitting a copy of your CV or by contacting James Taylor on or emailing a copy of your CV to james . taylor @ martinandconley . com
Key Word: C#, .Net, ASP, SQL, Software, Development, MVC, WCF, SDLC