Setting Out Engineer/Site Engineer
Setting Out Engineer
Location – Surrey
6 Month contract
Our client is a major global organisation and this role is for part of a large Infrastructure Project to include: earthworks, drainage, utilities, landscaping etc. The value of the project delivered is estimated to be around £30m.
The Site Engineer, will be a key part of the engineering team responsible for all engineering duties across the project. These will include: setting out, engineering controls, record keeping, production & implementation of Inspection & Test Plans, as-built details, production of method statements and risk assessments, supporting the drive for excellence in all areas but specifically health and safety, environmental and quality processes.
You will need:
- Experience of engineering on Infrastructure / Highway Improvement schemes including earthworks
- Current valid CSCS registration
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Professionally qualified (ICE or equivalent) or working towards qualification preferable.
- A good level of commercial awareness to facilitate cost control;
- Engineering degree preferable but not essential;
- Good general IT skills are essential, and ideally you’ll be proficient in MS Excel, MS project, AutoCAD;
- Effective team management, leadership and influencing skills to get the best from everyone;
- Excellent customer skills and the ability to demonstrate influencing in all situations;
- The ability drive excellent relationships with contacts at all levels including the client and colleagues;
- The ability to remain flexible in your approach to the role whilst embracing change and helping to drive that change through;
- Experience of working on NEC3 contracts including the mechanisms for notifications.
- Manage all Engineering resources on a project or within a specific section to deliver the contract specification in line with the construction programme;
- Coach and mentor Graduate / Junior and Site engineers to ensure they are trained and competent to undertake their specific duties and provide the highest quality engineering capability across all of our projects;
- Monitor and maintain the site control network;
- Ensure Inspection & Test Plans are in place, current, meet the contract specification;
- Ensure implementation of the ITP and maintenance of all necessary records.
- Raise Non Compliance Reports as necessary and drive their resolution and closure;
- Review design information, ensuring it is adequate, accurate and in the correct format to set out the works in accordance with the programme. Check and resolve any inconsistencies in the information provided with the Design Manager or designers;
- Communicate with engineers, foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided;
- Keep accurate records including site diary, records of works activities, resource allocations and as-built information;
- Liaise with commercial team and designers to record and capture changes identified on site;
- Promote, review and contribute to the development of safe systems of work;
- Participate in Site Induction rota & carry out the required quota of safety inspections;
- Assist in preparation of health and safety files and post completion reports;
- Support the Site Agent / Project Manager to develop construction programmes and methodology utilising existing knowledge and liaising with Key Supply Chain.
Contact us now – 07764 808 168
To apply for this position contact Linda Davison by emailing your C.V to l i n d a. d a v i s o n @ v i t a l . u k . c o m
The partnering concept promoted by Vital means that we work together with candidates and clients to achieve your career and recruitment objectives. For clients the result is cost effective, culture-compatible solutions that make staff selection, recruitment and retention far easier.
For candidates it means a personal and professional relationship that will help you through every stage of obtaining your ideal job and pursuing your career goals.
Our commitment to both candidates and clients is equalled only by our professionalism and dedication to providing the best possible service.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959922493