Practice Accountant - Harrow North West London
We are a small friendly practice based near Harrow North West London and are looking for a full time Practice Accountant to join our team. We have a friendly team culture and are forward thinking in Technology and are growing at a good pace.
We are looking for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career, who already has experience of working in practice and enjoys working with a varity of clients.
The ideal candidate will be able to meet deadlines, supervise team members and provide a high quality service to clients. This role will suit a self motivated person who is keen to progress and has a can do attitude.
- Preparing year end accounts, corporation tax returns and self assessment returns
- Reviewing other working paper files and getting accounts ready for clients to sign
- Supervising team members and training and advising them when needed
- Reporting to the director and taking on any additional tasks needed
- Overseeing payrolls that are prepared by another team member
- Company secretarial - basic filings, dividend calculations
- Liaising with HMRC
- Dealing with client queries
- ACA/ACCA/AAT qualified or part qualified, QBE
- Minimum 4 years practice experience
- Knowledge of software used in practice. preferences Iris, Digita, Sage, Xero, Quick Books
- Ability to solve problems, take responsibility and be able to add value to the team
- Excellent communication skills over email and telephone
- Desire to have a career in practice
- Passionate about client service
- Be able to fit in with team and mange work flow and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
We are a steady growing firm and want someone who will fit in and wants to be with us along the journey. A company pension scheme is in place and there are future opportunities to progress at the firm for the right candidate.