Senior Engineer, IT Network Services EU
The Senior Network Engineer will join a team of engineers who are responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the Live Nation Entertainment EMEA Corporate network environment. In this role, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of our Corporate networking infrastructure, including layer 2 and layer 3 switching, routing, internet connectivity, and VPN solutions. You will ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by Monitoring, analysing and reporting on network capacity, utilization and future trending.
The IT Network Services team works closely with all IT departments across EMEA in developing technical roadmaps to continuously deliver, support and enable change to LNE’s businesses across over 17 geographical territories and all businesses within our LNE international portfolio of companies.
It’s a great time to join Live Nation Entertainment: We are shifting from traditional network based infrastructure to software defined infrastructure. As a member of our network engineering team, you will play a part in designing and architecting our next generation network for LNE.
- Maintain a large number of network devices, each leveraging the latest advancements in networking technology.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Provide highest level of support to all customers both internally and externally.
- Pro-actively look for ways to improve collaboration and understanding between the Network team and other Technical teams.
- Provide hands-on application of Network technologies and processes to support proof-of-concept development, review of critical systems and training to other teams within the organization.
- Ensure close liaison with business groups to ensure that new initiatives are developed with full understanding of relevant architecture / infrastructure
- Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
- Support and maintain our next generation Corporate network.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Participate in the rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team. Provide third-tier support and solve complex networking issues.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent in a technical subject.
- Obtained significant experience of Cisco solutions and Network architecture and design. Have obtained a CCNP or equivalent experience accreditation with experience of managing/designing networks for medium to large enterprises.
- Experience with VPN/tunnelling technologies such as DMVPN, VTI, IPsec and SSL client VPN’s
- Extensive experience with BGP, EIGRP, STP and L4-7 SLB
- Proven experience in designing, deploying, managing and supporting network services in a large and complex environment
- Skills in one or more programming languages preferably Python.
- Knowledge and experience of deployment technologies such as Ansible.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud computing infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Linux and experience troubleshooting the life of a packet from client to server and back (and all possible intermediate nodes along the way)
- Proven experience with design & deployment of monitoring tools both Open Source and off the shelf product suites.
- You will have a demonstrable ability of working at a senior level within an IT environment and across business functions and sites.
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change by encouraging innovative thinking and continuous improvement. Models adaptability by responding resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL REQUIREMENTS AND LINK TO TICKETMASTER PRINCIPLES)
- Able to get one’s message clearly understood by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information conveyed
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to keep abreast of new products, technologies and Dev releases. Produces thorough and useful documentation for working procedures on the team and how to guides that can be issued to client base
- Encourages team unity through sharing information or expertise, working together to solve problems, and putting team success first
- Does not make excuses for errors or problems; acknowledges and corrects mistakes.
- Flexible; responsive to changing situations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise deadlines is a must
- Sees opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice. Generates unique but workable and useful solutions to difficult problems
- Listens to, understands & interprets information/instructions correctly and checks for understanding
- Obtains and shares information, ideas, and problems. Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship, and commitment that result in smooth transitions of change and the development of mutually acceptable solutions
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.