English Teacher | West London | Immediate Start | MPS
Secondary Teacher job, Hounslow, London
English Secondary Job, Hounslow, West London
Start Date: Immediate Start
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Are you a newly qualified or experienced English Teacher looking to join a 'Good' School where you have plenty of opportunity for progression?
Would you like to be part of a school with a purposeful working environment?
If so, this is the job for you.
Your new school
Located in the London Borough of Hounslow this is a contemporary, this is a diverse mixed school with adequate facilities. The school's SLT are working relentlessly and investing heavily into its staff and resources to ensure that the school advances beyond their recent success during last years Ofsted inspection where they were awarded 'Good' grade across all areas.
Your new role
The school is looking for a teacher who is able to motivate low ability students and challenge the more able pupils to ensure they maximise their potential by using a range of different learning resources and equipment to prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations. Additionally, you would need to be able manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour. For the right candidate responsibilities will be given such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties. You will be expect to participate in and organise extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events as well as liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
What you need to succeed:
* PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent) and experience teaching secondary students
* Ability to teach English up to and including Key Stage 5.
* Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
* Strong Classroom Management and Behavioural Skills
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. Nevertheless, if unfortunately this job isn't quite for you but you are looking for a job in teaching, contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career