Private Client Advisory - Senior Tax Manager
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
A Senior Manager must demonstrate depth of technical knowledge in own service area and apply this knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues. Can manage a team dealing with complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis.Job Description:
• Proactively seeks out business development opportunities.
• Participates fully in new client pitch situations.
• Builds a personal network from which referrals are received.
• Is proactive in developing, maintaining and monitoring their network using a structured approach.
• Organises and attends office marketing events, is aware of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs and following up on any contacts made.
• Takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation.
• Manages client assignments that are sizable in both scope and scale and high net worth clients.
• Writes high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners.
• Acts as a focal point for the delivery of sophisticated tax advice to clients and the business.
• Demonstrates an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
• Provides reliable and effective technical support to the partners in their chosen area, recognising issues to manage technical risk.
• Consults on a variety of technical areas, including the ability to identify those able to provide support in relation to technical risk.
• Runs complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis.
Client take-on / risk management
• Consults effectively with specialists within the firm when faced with complex risk management.
• Identifies and evaluates risk management issues; mitigating risk appropriately.
• Demonstrates broad technical knowledge in own client service area.
• Develops solutions to increasingly complex technical issues.
• Is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing.
• Takes responsibility and ownership for wider team issues.
• Leads, manages, motivates and coaches managers by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely performance reviews.
• Assists with technical training and development.
• Proactively manages own career, seeking out opportunities to work on a variety of assignments to build on existing experience.
• Attends training to develop technical and personal skills. Takes proactive steps to develop self awareness and performance (e.g. psychometric profiling; 360 degree feedback).
Operations and results
• Manages work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
• Monitors invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors do not escalate.
• A clear understanding of the teams profit and loss account.
• Meets own financial target set.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
We create sustainable value for our clients
We are better together
Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.