The Management Accountant will assist the Finance Manager with various accounting duties across the Group. The Management Accountant will work with other members of the Finance team, and interact with other departments across Group Companies.
* The preparation of monthly management accounts, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
* Assisting the FM with the preparation of finance packs for auditors and external stakeholders.
* Updating and maintain monthly Balance sheet reconciliations.
* Ensure financial controls are in place and operating effectively and that these controls are subject to continual review and improvement.
* Assisting the FM to prepare and provide analysis and comments on financial and management accounts.
* Prepare VAT returns to ensure compliance with regulations.
* Assisting in the preparation of the group's cashflow management through short and medium-term forecasts.
* Aiding in the administration, development and improvement of financial systems across the group.
* To provide advice to management colleagues as required.
* To ensure that all departmental managers are operating within their defined financial parameters and where applicable attaining financial targets.
* Group monitoring of the debtors and payables ledger, liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
* Management of banking software, banking and receipting/payment mechanisms.
* Maintain intercompany reconciliations and payments to and from group companies.
* Raise and post journals required for the accounts process.
* Manage and control purchasing and expenses policies.
* Manage stock control processes.
* Manage Fixed Asset Register and monitor CAPEX.
* Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the FM and Financial Controller.