Procurement Manager require for Manufacturer based near Newport
This Procurement Manager role is an outward facing role to the Supply Chain, and you will provide oversight of key suppliers, provide support and presence on site where needed and manage the recovery of some key supplier accounts.
This role will suit an ambitious Senior Buyer or existing Procurement/Purchasing Manager who has vast experience working with an MRP system. This role is mainly operational, and you will work closely with teams of Buyers to recommend process improvements and to enhance relations with key suppliers. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily management routines around individual supplier improvement plans and execution of actions, providing escalation/guidance as appropriate
- To build and manage detailed recovery plans around Quality, Cost and Delivery
- To ensure rate requirements are clearly understood by the Supply Chain, to highlight risk areas, work mitigations, and make recommendations to reduce risk to the programme
- To prepare and manage a suite of KPIs that show progress of recovery, and management of key actions.
- Prepare weekly executive summary, that includes a balanced score card on quality, cost and delivery.
- Provide help and recommendations to the strategic, supplier quality, internal supply departments and operational teams
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.