Hands on CTO - Startup
Job Title: Hands on CTO
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 plus Bonus
Benefits: Healthcare, Potential Stock Options
This is a new and unique opportunity for an aspiring or experienced CTO that has retained their hands on coding skills to join a new and highly innovative educational SAAS company based in central London.
They are an award winning Education Technology Company that work hand-in-hand with teachers to design and develop an interactive delivery and teaching assessment tool that really brings learning to life.
The platform allows interactive lesson delivery and formative assessment tool that gives teacher's real time insight into student understanding and the tools to provide targeted, one to one support.
We are looking for someone that has managed offshore development teams focusing on SAAS based software products that is looking to influence the future direction of this unique company.
The CTO will lead and manage all technical aspects of the business in line with the business plan and the future ambitions of the business which may include product diversification.
As well as managing the offshore development team the role is a strategic one and you will be responsible for creating and implementing the product development vision and strategy.
You will be a member of the management team and will have a voice in the overall shaping of the business and the direction it takes.
On an operation level you will select, brief and manage suppliers who will carry out the day to day development with a long term plan of recruiting an in house team.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritising development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development and deployment.
- Select, brief and manage the work of development team using an agile process (external initially before internalising).
- Some occasional coding to assist offshore team
- Set and control the technology budget.
- Develop product roadmaps
- Maintain project momentum and the maintenance of quality standards.
- Able to R&D reporting and scripting for the running of the platform.
- Robustly test output and manage the fixing of shortfalls promptly and cost efficiently.
- Establish a governance process that meets legal and company requirements for customer information privacy, particularly in relation to data protection and online security.
Key Experience Required
We are looking for either a CTO with a few years' experience or someone that feels they are ready to take on the role that is used to leading teams developing SAAS cloud hosted products.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience working with start-ups in the UK
- Experience of running outsourced development teams and recruiting technical staff
- Hands on coding skills
- Strategic thinker who is equally at home with detail and implementation
- Supplier management experience
- Budgetary control experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to either begin or continue your career as a CTO of a start-up company with a superb product.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us