Clay Feasibility Design Engineer (V5)
Our prestigious Automotive client based in Gaydon, Warwickshire is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Clay Feasibility Design Engineer (V5) to work within our Clients ever expanding Body Engineering department on a full time basis.
The Body Engineering team is one of the most experienced of its type in the UK, and has the knowledge and talent to hold its own against the best body engineers anywhere in the world. From iconic body styling to interior detail, from doors and windows to whole cabin systems, everything about our vehicles has to be perfect. It is what customers expect from a luxury brand. It's what this team makes happen. Join them, and you'll help us to stay at the forefront of vehicle innovation and research, and to build on our position as a highly competitive brand in a highly competitive marketplace.
The Body Concept and Design Integration Team is a recently formed team within the Body Engineering Department. It is responsible for the Body Engineering deliverables for all programmes in the formative stages; from Kick-Off gateway vehicle Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) till the establishment of full Body Engineering module teams at Programme Start gateway. This role works directly with the Design feasibility Teams and the company's World Class Component Engineers to develop the clay feasibility models for Programme start.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the chosen candidate to work in a very modern and luxurious working environment. The successful Clay Feasibility Design Engineer (V5) will be working a 40 hour week with access to onsite parking.
- Your role in the concept stages will be to interrogate the relevant Body CoC CAD offers on new programmes to understand if they all work as a vehicle system to deliver a world class product
- Where disconnects are found options need to be modelled in CAD and presented for the business to agree what improvements / trades are going to be made to resolve the issue
- With the aid of the CoCs/ Design/ Attributes etc.. you will lead the alignment of offers to deliver world Class PQ
Key Skills Required for Submission:
- Skilled user of Catia v5 is a minimum requirement
- Engineering knowledge of Body systems, design, function, performance, production and Manufacturing requirements with a system engineering approach
- Excellent communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
- PC Literacy (PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc)
- Successful history of Product Design and Project Management skills
- Catia v5
- You'll need a passion for detail and Perceived Quality
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self-confidence and a 'passion for the product' are a must
- You'll need the ability to drive the numerous teams to the best system solution
- AVA knowledge or potential for AVA Tce
- Broad automotive product engineering background (previous CAD experience is essential)
- Previous experience of a systems approach to engineering
- Ideally within the automotive sector or adjacent industries (rail, aerospace, defence, energy etc)
- Have experience in working in a conceptual technical environment or Design studio
- Ideally degree educated
- This role allows you to have a direct input into our next generation of vehicles
- Valid UK driving license
- Candidates must meet the medical requirements of the facilities
- In your role you will be a strong leader able to enthuse others to work in a collaborative way using systems engineering and value engineering principles
- Have a passion for engineering and Design: the teams offering is being re-balanced to increase the technical input supporting the business considerations and therefore the optimal level of engineering analysis and geometry development needs to be considered
- Have the ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity typical in early programme phases and take ownership to provide necessary options, solutions and structure to move forward
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries. No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919401