Assistant Technical Support Engineer
In2 Resourcing are proud to be working with an ambitious and growing company selling and providing technical support for professional, high quality Audio Visual equipment in the UK and Ireland.
Responsible for providing technical post-sales support to a wide range of professional AV products manufactured and sold throughout UK and Ireland.
Tasks to support this role include.
- Answering and responding to customer technical questions and fault reports via email and telephone calls.
- Under supervision from the Technical Director, go on site to installations and assist in diagnostic procedures.
- Report results and assist in developing solutions.
- Report and share findings with Technical support team.
- Being able to go through a remote support checklist.
- Maintaining records of support cases.
- Handling stock movements and replacement products connected to support cases.
Tasks to support this secondary role include.
- Assisting with supplying technical support to customer’s orders and enquiries regarding the products
- Assisting with follow up action on specific sales leads.
- Understanding key features of new products being developed.
- Being able to process basic sales functions, taking an order, preparing a quotation, arranging a shipment of product.
The successful candidate will need the following characteristics to be successful in this role
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics.
- Bright and enthusiastic personality, willing to learn and grow in an established and developing team.
- Clear communication skills necessary. With the ability to explain complex technical configurations in a concise and clear manner.
- Good level of PC skills. Support will be provided for learning the specific systems used by the company.
- Professional approach to problem solving.
- Full UK Driving licence and use of a car will be necessary.
The role will be office based. and the office hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday including a break for lunch.
Holiday year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Entitlement is 23 days per year (plus bank holidays and a day for birthday)
The company is committed to providing support and guidance with career development. Specific and appropriate training activities will be identified and provided.