Head of Service Desk Operations
Head of Service Desk Operations - Ruddington
About the role
We are currently seeking a Head of Service Desk Operations that will be responsible for the effective operational management of a multi-tiered/ multi-site Service Desk.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Service Desk Operations to have a significant operational contribution to a Customer facing dedicated Service Desk vital to Capita.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
What you will do:
- Leading, managing and mentoring the service delivery function
- effective operational management
- Escalations from customers
- Setting up Service Desk function that fits with customer strategy & customer vision
- Contribute to the customer experience
- Leading in the design and future direction of the service desk, helping to drive the service into the client
- Having a significant contribution to improving a Service Desk vital to the performance of the contract
- Demonstrating efficiencies & quality of service
- Roadmap of services for client
- Customer site visits and multi-site responsibilities
- Service transition into Service desk - Building and managing a test bed for changes before they are implemented across the service management teams ensuring a smooth delivery and no impact to service
- Incident management development and management of an incident management function to govern the customer Incident Manager process within service operations, thus ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained.
- Define the strategic direction of the Service Desk and contribute to the overall strategy with the customer whilst developing service and Operational Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Own the performance monitoring metrics for both internal and customers across all departments.
- Develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer support in the organisation and identify, plan and deliver solutions to customers' evolving needs from the Service Desk service.
- Establish/maintain and improve processes for incident and problem management including escalation in line with recognised good practise and standards.
- Develop a mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organisation.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Specialists including career development (build/obtain (from other departments) training material for support staff)
- Provide data and reporting of KPI's and trends, on a monthly/ad hoc basis,
- Work to make the Service Desk the single contact point for all queries
Your experience will include:
- ITIL Foundation essential or ITIL Practitioner (desirable)
- Significant experience of leading a Service Desk/Call Centre service
- Good operation management experience
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject or demonstrated equivalent working experience.
- Strong People management /leadership skills and team working
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Responsible for ensuring staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regard to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks
- Ensuring regular one to one meetings are held with direct reports, managing their overall performance and development, supported by the Senior Analysts
- Ensuring that the standards and processes are up to date and followed to provide effective customer service
- Close liaison with suppliers to ensure services delivered meet Service Level Agreements
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Analysts including career development
- Experience in management of operational and technical staff, including recruitment, development, training and motivating staff, dealing with Disciplinarians.
- Experience tackling complex problem solving working with cross functional teams
- Excellent customer service skills proven within a Service Desk environment
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.