Early Years Practitioner/Nursery Years
Sussex Recruitment are working closely with their client who run a very reputable nursery based in Hove. They are currently recruiting for an Early Years Practitioner to join their small and friendly team who provide a high standard of care.
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity. Participate in a 'Key person’ system and take a special interest in a specified number of children and families.
- Keep records of children’s progress.
- Develop excellent communications with parents/guardians.
- Play with the children during free play and show good interactive skills.
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of children.
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive Nursery environment always ensuring a safe, exciting, attractive room for learning.
- To add important information to all relevant charts. (allergy/nappy changing).
- To ensure you are promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all the children in the setting.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- A recognised NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 in Children’s Learning, Care and Development.
- Recent experience of working with children 1 - 5 years.
- Good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage(EYFS) Curriculum.
- Ideally a current paediatric first aid qualification.
- Strong communicator - able to build a strong rapport with children, parents and staff.
- An understanding of a play based approach to children’s learning and development.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Able to work as part of a team and support colleagues.
- Knowledge of safeguarding/child protection procedures.
- Good written skills - each key person will need to be able to create a Learning Journey for each child (a scrapbook with comments, observations and artwork that is built up over each child’s time at nursery.) and also complete progress reports to present to parents during progress meetings.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and keep a professional approach.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.