Java Software Developer - Docker / Java 8 / Nodejs
Java Software Developer - Docker / Java 8 / Node.js
Variety is the spice of life, as the saying goes! For some Software Developers, the opportunity to work across different technology stacks, learn new skills and solve real business problems with technology is what get them out of bed.
So how about a job with a company that can offer you the chance to work with Java 8, C#, Python, Node.js, Android, iOS & AWS? What about dedicated time each week to dedicate to personal projects or professional development?
I'm delighted to be working with a company in Manchester City Centre who are looking for an experienced Software Developer, ideally with a skillset in a JVM language such as Java 7 / 8 or Scala, but comfortable with the idea of playing around with other platforms & technology.
The role will be developing scalable, high-availability web platforms & services for a global business with the current technology stack including Java 8, Spring (Core, Boot, MVC), Hibernate, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, AWS, Kibana, DynamoDB, JUnit, JMeter but also other technology outside of the typical Java-stack as well such as C#, .NET, EpiServer, Angular.js, Node.js, Python, Redis, Protractor & Sensu.
Each week, the Head of Development sets aside 'lab' time for the tech-team to tackle personal projects. This has varied from proof-of-concepts to tackle problems within the business or present new ideas for adoption; personal development time to learn new skills; a chance to check on new technology that would make the job easier; Testers getting the chance to play around with automation tools.
In Q1 of 2018, the team will be moving into a larger offices 5 minutes away from the current space, giving them capacity to grow but also offer better space for break-out areas, etc. Over the last 2 years, the company have worked hard to create a culture of inclusion, innovation & ultimately a friendly place to work.
About the job
- Working in a friendly, innovative, agile environment
- Liaising with BAs and QAs to understand requirements
- Delivering new product features and enhancements
- Developing robust, clean and efficient code
- An experienced Software Developer
- Delivered high availability, large scale, data-driven web sites and services
- Structured and pragmatic approach to solving technical problems
- Comfortable working in an evolving technical landscape
- Flexible, motivated and self-organised
- Continually learning, adapting and seeking improvement
- A team player and clear communicator
This client hire as much for the right attitude & willingness to learn, as they do for skills.
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.