REWINDER - LABELS
REWINDER - LABELS
Based in Hertfordshire
Shifts; 6am-2pm Monday to Friday (half an hour lunch), 1.30pm to 11.30pm Monday to Wednesday and 1.30pm to 11pm on a Thursday.
Company Overview; This is for a privately owned, award winning, self-adhesive label manufacturer. A team of 70 + people and a turnover currently of c10m. The business has traded for over 30 years and is passionate about the product it makes. They have an impressive customer base divided between brands and contract manufacturers in many industries all demanding the very best quality of packaging.
Set up, operate, monitor, and maintain rewinding equipment. Handle rolls of labels as they come off the rewinder. Pack label rolls into boxes and stack on pallets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate rewinding equipment according to procedures and job specifications
- Perform routine equipment upkeep as required
- Monitor quality of finished product according to job specifications and quality standards
- Meet standards for output and waste
- Prepare cartons and pack finished product
- Handle labels so as to prevent any damage or errors on finished labels
- Complete required paperwork
- Follow all safety procedures in operating equipment and performance of job duties
- Maintain work area in organised manner
- To check the quality of labels and remove any poor quality label, reporting anything unsure of.
- To operate and clean the core cutting machine.
- To work completely within the remit of ISO 9001 & PS 9000.
- To follow a given specification on the slitting down of rolls to customer requirements.
- Help keep cores and boxes stocked up.
- Take bins in or out as necessary.
- To run label application equipment when required.
- To run folding machine when required.
- To run Braille Maker when required
- To Run Label Applicator when required.
Skills & Experience Required for this Position
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous rewinding experience desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job (lifting up to 50 pounds, prolonged standing)
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Ability to learn and apply new procedures and methods
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and ability to read a ruler
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow safety procedures
Interviews are being conducted as soon as possible for this vacancy, so if you are interested please get in touch as soon as possible and register your details with us
Please note; we will not pass on any of your details without prior consent!
Key words; PRINTER / LABELS / PRODUCTION / ASSISTANT / FLEXOGRAPHIC / MOUNTER / PACKAGING / PREPRESS / REWINDER / SLITTER