Are you an organised, excel savvy and number loving candidate looking for your next challenge as an Accounts Assistant?
If so, we have a role as a Accounts Assistant on a temporary basis with the possibility to go permanent and to start ASAP
They are looking for someone to work 32 hours a week across 5 days - perfect for that work life balance
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Post sales invoices using Excel and Sage
- Match purchase invoices with purchase orders
- Process month-end payment run
- Statement reconciliations
- Credit control sales orders
- Completion of month-end GRNI spreadsheet and invoice accruals
- Complete daily banking - Downloading of daily banking transactions, updating of cashbook and posting transactions into Sage.
- Perform General Ledger account reconciliations
- Generate and check VAT return and submit to HMRC on a monthly basis.
- Take a full part in the month-end process involving, sales and purchase reconciliations, bank reconciliations, preparation and input of journals and calculation of tax entries
- Preparation of audit and statutory account working papers
If you apply for the Accounts Assistant role and you are shortlisted you will be contacted within 24hours of your application. Due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to contact everyone however we are happy for you to contact the Office Support team for feedback. Thank you for applying and good luck with your employment search.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to tight deadline
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts
- Strong Excel skills
- Good communication skills